Medical - Regional Clinic
An active and growing regional clinic with several locations needs to gain control over several concerning IT issues.
The clinic needs to modernize the way they handle their patient workload as well as their clients' delicate medical records. By modernizing, they additionally run the risk of new liabilities surrounding patient privacy as well as creating an IT network infrastructure they are unprepared to manage. Government regulations will require them to make a move quickly.
Pressure to comply with the most recent HIPAA regulations has caused the clinic to rethink their entire workflow and IT Policy. Immediate changes will include selecting and implementing a new EMR (Electronic Medical Records) system as well as a PMS (Practice Management System) to guide them towards more efficient, secure, and compliant patient handling. HIPAA, PMS, and EMR will require the network to be fast, secure, and reliable. The existing WAN (Wide Area Network) seems to be sufficient for branch to Datacenter connectivity. Additional concerns include regular reliable backups, network content filtering, redundant servers in case of failure, and the expertise to monitor and manage all of this new technology 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Phase 1: Planning
- Consult with CEO and Network Administrator.
- Design and approve recommended solution.
- Consult with line of business software vendors to ensure compatibility of new solution.
- Consult with telecom vendor to optimize contracted services.
Phase 2: Infrastructure
- Procure, Build and Implement Cisco C series server cluster.
- Provision Leased Space for dedicated use at the 85under Data Center.
- Setup Spam/Antivirus Filtering and/or Content Filtering with Software as a Service.
- Setup Managed Intrusion Prevention System (Managed IPS) with Cisco ASA 5500 series & Cisco IPS AIP series Appliances.
- Provision Pulse IPS Management to monitor, log and alert on critical security events.
- Provision Pulse 85 to monitor, log, alert and respond to issues.
Phase 3: Application Deployment
- Remotely deploy client side software to workstations and configure automated access to operational software.
- Deploy Electronic Medical Records on Servers and Client workstations.
- Deploy Practice Management System on Servers and Client workstations.
- Deploy content filtering to ensure optimal staff utilization of the network.
Phase 4: Data Security
- Procure and deploy MS Data Protection Manager on Server located in secondary data center.
- Test server failover capability to satisfy Business Continuity Plan.
- Implement separate SAN (Storage Area Network) for critical data backups and archiving.
- Perform external network penetration testing to ensure security and capability of Intrusion Prevention System and reporting.
- Barracuda Web Security Appliance to protect users from malicious and inappropriate content.
- Trend Micro,
- & IBM.
- Windows Server with Hyper-V for server virtualization,
- Windows Terminal Services with Microsoft Application Virtualization (Softgrid),
- Cisco & IBM Server Platforms,
- Thin Client Terminals (no PCs needed),
- Microsoft SQL Server,
- Windows SharePoint Services (WSS),
- Trend Micro Worry Free Security Suite,
- MS Data Protection Manager,
- Cisco ASA 5500 series,
- & Cisco IPS AIP series appliances.
- cloud85 Server,
- Leased Space,
- Software as a Service,
- Pulse Managed IPS,
- & Pulse 85.
While HIPAA compliance was an important goal, the clinic was able to realize tremendous cost benefit efficiencies by making this critical upgrade. The reliable 85under data center will keep information secure and fast, while consistently available.
Looking to resell the cloud?
Need to colocate?
Have a general question?
Fill out the form below and someone from our office will contact you.